- Judit TÖRÖKNÉ RÓZSA, European Commission, Directorate-General Regional Policy – Head of Unit, Competence Centre Inclusive Growth, Urban and Territorial Development
- Aleksandar PEJOVIC, State Secretary, Chief Negotiator for Montenegro’s accession to EU (Montenegro)
- Tibor POLGÁR, Strategic Director, West-Pannon Regional and Economic Development Public Nonprofit Ltd. (Hungary)
Moderator: Piotr ZUBER
- The success of regional development policies very much depend on the ability of the state to build an efficient system of multilevel governance and partnership which gives the opportunity to combine locally rooted assets and potentials with know-how and resources coming from central or regional levels.
- Experiences from many European countries show that building of multilevel governance systems which empower local communities can be supported by special types of instruments taking into account multidimensional territorial strategies and action plan.
- The first part of the session is devoted to discussion about territorially rooted instruments designed at European (like Integrated Territorial Investments),national or regional level to help in releasing the local potential and promoting wider territorial development goals