- Hanna JAHNS, European Commission, member of Commissioner Johannes Hahn’s Cabinet, former State Secretary for Regional Development, Poland – speaking on the new ENI [tbc]
- Michael RALPH, European Commission, Directorate-General Regional Policy, Adviser to Deputy Director General NormundsPopens – speaking on the new cohesion policy
- Ognjen MIRIC, Regional Manager for Western Balkans and Turkey (GIZ International Services), former Deputy Director of SEIO, (Serbia) – speaking on the new IPA framework
- Tengiz SHERGELASHVILI, Deputy Minister of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia
Moderator: Peter HEIL
- The session reviews the ‘latest news’ regarding the EU financial instruments in the region. Cohesion Policy and the IPA programme have received a new regulatory framework. ENI has replaced ENPI .
- The new regulatory frameworks mean a review of overall objectives, support priorities, but also a review of the methods for programming and implementation.
- Our key question: What are the key novelties and support priorities for each instrument? What is the role of regional and territorial development in CP, IPA and ENI now?
- The guiding question will be: What practical perspectives are opened up to countries in overcoming regional disparities?